On the walls of merge Nov. 1st - Nov. 30th
a solo show by Heather "Upaela" Johnson
Upaela is an Intuitive Artist specializing in mixed media painting. Her paintings express her passion for color and texture, creating works that include various other media such as pastels, acrylic ink, textured mediums etc. She finds the process of painting spiritual and therapeutic, mirroring, and sometimes masking, the highs and lows of life. Nature also plays a strong part in her work, providing inspiration through the natural senses, forms and colors in nature. Currently, Upaela is working on establishing Intuitive Art Workshops in her area, in hopes of bringing out the creative sides of participants who didn’t know they had them. She believes all people are creative and self expression is a great way to release stress and build self confidence and self esteem.
Join us Saturday, November 8th, 2014
11:30-1pm for an intuitive painting party!
(check out the workshop details by clicking here)
Immediately followed by a gallery reception from 1-3pm
Come, meet Heather, enjoy some free brunch snacks, and grab a mimosa!
Heather Upaela Johnson is an intuitive artist living in Niagara Falls, NY. Alumni of The State University College at Buffalo, she also served as President and Figure Model Coordinator for the Visual Arts Board (on campus student organization.) She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in Painting. Ms. Johnson’s main passion is painting, while exploring other forms of media including pastel, collage, stone carving and jewelry making. Ms. Johnson volunteers regularly at Independent Living of Niagara County offering a free women’s art group open to the public and is currently working towards establishing a similar program at Niagara Falls Memorial Center.
Ms. Johnson’s exhibition venues include:
· Northern Arizona University
· Niagara Arts and Cultural Arts Center (Holiday Show and Beyond the Barrel, 2011-present.)
· Starlight Studio
· “Restoring Dignity Through the Arts” (Burchfield-Penney Art Center ’11)
· “Emergence” (Garden Gallery located in The NACC).
· “Polaris” (Juried by Marcus Wise, joint venture with Gallery 464 & the NACC, 2012.)
· “Torsion,” (With WNY artist Nikki Cantalano-Ritchey. Garden Gallery, The NACC.
· “City Of Night” (Buffalo’s Silo City, NY 2014.)
· “La Femme Fatale,” (Six WNY regional women artist exhibition at Gallery 1045, Buffalo, NY. September 2014.)